Ethereum 2.0 news, developer resources, enterprise case studies, and what’s popular in blockchain in right now
Below is an excerpt of SIGNAL, ConsenSys’ weekly newsletter. Want SIGNAL, Ethereum developer resources, market intelligence, enterprise blockchain news, and more straight to your inbox? Subscribe to ConsenSys newsletters.
Quote of the Week
Releases, Demos, and Rundowns
- ConsenSys Monthly Report — July 2019: Ethereum dapps, enterprise blockchain solutions, most popular articles, upcoming events, and more.
- Introducing Elle: A formally-verified EVM compiler to write more secure Ethereum code.
- Ethereum 2.0’s Latest Strides Forward: The phase 0 spec is frozen. Clients are testing interop. Phase 2 research has exploded. What does all this mean for the future of Ethereum?
- How PegaSys is Setting the Standard for Permissioning in DLT: The Pantheon 1.2 client is now live with layered privacy solutions to help enterprise networks easily manage node and account-level access.
- Blockchain in Sports: Protecting Private Data and Creating Blockchain-Based Identities. Learn how athletes and fans can monetize their data while protecting their personal information.
- MythX Explainer Video: Learn how you can perform automated smart contract security analysis at every stage of the development cycle.
Most Popular Last Week
- The State of the Ethereum Network: 2019
- 5 Trends Impacting Blockchain Developers Right Now
- The 7 Biggest Trends In Blockchain Right Now
- MetaMask Mobile Release
- Ethereum Developer Portal. Everything you need to get started building on Ethereum.
- Blockchain Developer Job Kit. The best resource to learn about the skills that it takes to become a blockchain developer.
- Technical Introduction to Events and Logs in Ethereum. A walkthrough of events on the Ethereum blockchain with sample code.
Enterprise Case Studies
Backed by 15 of the world’s largest institutions spanning global banks, trading companies, and oil giants, komgo is transforming worldwide trade financing from an antiquated and risk-prone paper-based system to a fully digitized, secure, and frictionless experience via an open blockchain platform in partnership with ConsenSys and Kaleido.
In a pilot-project partnership with seven rural banks, Unionbank of the Philippines worked with ConsenSys Solutions to build a decentralized, cost-efficient, approximate real-time inter-rural bank payment platform to connect rural banks to each other and to national commercial banks, using Enterprise Ethereum.
The South African Reserve Bank (SARB), in partnership with ConsenSys Solutions and seven commercial banks, utilized Quorum, an Enterprise Ethereum solution, in combination with the Istanbul Byzantine Fault Tolerance consensus mechanism, Pedersen commitments, and range proofs to process the typical daily volume of payments for the SARB with full confidentiality and finality in less than two hours.
Join 40,000 others who are keeping up with Web3. Subscribe to ConsenSys newsletters.
Disclaimer. The views, information, and opinions expressed are solely those by the author above do not necessarily represent the views of Consensys AG. They are meant for informational purposes only, are not intended to serve as a recommendation or investment advice to buy or sell any securities, cryptoassets, or other financial products.
Any reference in this article to any person, organization, activity, products, or services does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of ConsenSys. This article does not constitute legal or other professional advice or services. ConsenSys is a decentralized community with ConsenSys Media being a platform for members to freely express their diverse ideas and perspectives. To learn more about ConsenSys and Ethereum, please visit our website.
Trying to Keep Up with Web3? Check Out ConsenSys Newsletters was originally published in ConsenSys Media on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.