What does 2020 hold in store for blockchain, tech, and global economics? Read the annual predictions list to find out…
First as Head of Global Business Development at ConsenSys, now as a Managing Partner at Digital Asset Risk Management Advisors (DARMA Capital), I’ve had an inside look at the rapid development of blockchain technology, the extreme volatility of crypto markets, and the emerging ecosystem and culture of decentralization.
Blockchain is entering a pivotal year in 2020, a period that will decide not just the future of cryptocurrency, but blockchain and the very idea of decentralization. Buckle up, because it’s going to be quite the ride. Here are 20 predictions, insights, and goals for blockchain in 2020…
- Ethereum right now is like dial-up internet in 1996–14.4kbps. Soon it will be the equivalent of broadband.
- Bitcoin and blockchain will finally break up
- The potential for global economic recession looms, fiat currencies be warned!
- The US will have to play catch-up after China’s big play in crypto and blockchain
- We march onwards to Ethereum 2.0
- Layer two scaling solutions will turbocharge Ethereum
+ much more.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by the author above do not necessarily represent the views of Consensys AG. ConsenSys is a decentralized community with ConsenSys Media being a platform for members to freely express their diverse ideas and perspectives. To learn more about ConsenSys and Ethereum, please visit our website.
Originally published at https://consensys.net.